Friday, June 12, 2009

are you ready?

your show of shows

Hey folks, how's everything? Over the course of the last few years here, I've written about a lot of stuff. Most of it anchored by true vinyl goodness, as we've explored the history of this music together. There are now almost 500 45s rattling around out there on my pages that you can hang out with and listen to anytime you want. I'm proud of that, and I'll continue to do what I do with the records, not to worry... but I feel like there's more that needs to be said. One thing I've learned as I've been doing this is it's not just about the records, it's about the people. I've met some very cool people in the course of all of this... warm and genuine people that have become friends. I wanted to find a way for all of us to kind of interconnect and communicate, and not necessarily as part of a post about some 45. Real Life goes on, and I wanted to find a way to share that with all of you. I thought about another, less audio-based blog page, but somehow it just wasn't happening. Then I thought about YouTube. I'd been posting some videos over there as part of the O.V. and Lattimore projects, and when you sign up, they give you a 'channel'. What if I used that channel to put up some kind of a show instead? A show where I could talk to people and take phone calls and stuff, in addition to what we do over here. It just might work... who knows? Anyway, I've decided to give it a try:

The URL of the red kelly channel is: www.youtube.com/redkelly We'll see what happens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cies said...

Great idea. I really like the intro. Who's version of "Reach Out I'll Be There" is it?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Red Kelly said...

...you guys are going to have to figure that one out for yourselves. It rocks, no?

9:59 AM  
Blogger ana-b said...

Dude, i'm there if ya wanna go with this idea..

First impression from the intro?...you're far more entertaining to watch than 99.9999999 % of what's out there...

If i didn't know that you're already married, i'd make an offer [if only to get some attention]..

i know you'll hate this, but CUTE is the word..

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea to go global with Red Kelly. We should make 'a character' out of him too!
I posted some new clips of the Wiley and the Checkmates gig at The Ponderosa Stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339hF3t1bI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqlJdWEfsew
Have fun.
Paul from Amsterdam

2:37 AM  
Blogger SoulBoogieAlex said...

Nice to put a voice to the name! Great idea, I'm exited to see what kind of stuff you'll come up with.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home